The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly altered the level of risk exposures for financial services firms across all key risk categories - strategic, credit, market, liquidity and operational.
In this workshop, the expert speakers will focus on the operational risk impacts of COVID-19. They will highlight the key lessons that can be learnt from how firms responded to the crisis and
embedding these lessons within the core operational risk framework and processes to enhance the level of operational resilience going forward.
The key workshop topics are: -
- A consideration of uncertainties in management of operational risks
- The increased focus on organisational and operational resilience
- Assessing and managing low frequency and high severity risks
- The increased adoption of operational risk horizon scanning processes
- Developing extreme and plausible scenarios
- How priorities and focus of Risk Management have changed during the pandemic
- Control environment - which controls have weakened in the current crisis
- What risks have increased and what positive opportunities have arisen?
- Date: 24th September 2020, 1pm to 2.30pm UK time
- Format: Online using Zoom
- Fee: Free
- He is passionate about utilising risk management as a business management tool for designing effective business strategy and successfully implementing the selected strategy.
- Has been involved in development of the international risk management standard ‘ISO 31000’ and in development of ‘Certificate of Operational Risk Management’ offered by The Institute of Operational Risk.
- Has trained more than 1,000+ operational risk management practitioners from financial services firms globally over the last 5 years.
- At RiskSpotlight, he leads the team that developed the world’s first forward-looking operational risk news service – RiskSpotlight Portal.
- She delivers risk and resilience advice, consultancy and training for financial services firms.
- Delivers training courses in the UK and internationally. She delivers the fundamentals of Operational risk management course at the London Stock Exchange Academy.
- Spearheaded the creation of Best Practice Operational Risk Forum, an industry forum comprised of senior risk leaders across financial services firms.
- Chairs the Operational Risk Expert Panel at the Association of Foreign Banks and is a former Director for Education at the Institute of Operational Risk.