This practical workshop series will cover the widely implemented best practices for assessing operational risks and controls within financial services firms.
Assessment provides valuable insights on following key aspects of the risk and control environment: -
- Identify business objectives that may be affected due to key risk exposures
- Identify risks that are misaligned with the risk appetite
- Identify risks that require additional risk treatments
- Identify risks that require close monitoring
- Identify weaknesses in the control environment
The key workshop topics are: -
- Assessing risks as part of key business decision making processes
- Assessing risks when a significant event occurs within the internal or external business environment
- Periodic assessment of risks and controls
- Assessing risks as part of business or risk scenario analysis
- Qualitative & quantitative methods for risk assessments
- Conducting effective risk assessment workshops
- Developing an effective risk assessment process
- Utilising the outcomes of risk assessment to make business decisions
- Implementing appropriate risk treatments based on the outcome of risk assessments
- Reporting and escalating risk assessment outcomes
- Date: 21st, 22nd and 23rd October 2020, 1pm to 3pm UK time
- Format: Online using Zoom
- Fee: Free
- He is passionate about utilising risk management as a business management tool for designing effective business strategy and successfully implementing the selected strategy.
- Has been involved in development of the international risk management standard ‘ISO 31000’ and in development of ‘Certificate of Operational Risk Management’ offered by The Institute of Operational Risk.
- Has trained more than 1,000+ operational risk management practitioners from financial services firms globally over the last 5 years.
- At RiskSpotlight, he leads the team that developed the world’s first forward-looking operational risk news service – RiskSpotlight Portal.